Citing and documenting your sources is a critical component of using research in your writing and presentations. It gives credit to the experts upon whom you have relied to build your argument. From an ethical standpoint, citing correctly, accurately, and thoroughly strengthens your credibility and the validity of your ideas.
This chapter will help you understand how to use APA style to
- cite summarized, paraphrased, and quoted information
- create in-text citations that alert the reader to your use of a source,
- effectively place in-text citations within your sentences,
- create an informative and usable References section, and
- document various kinds of sources you may use in your documents.
It contains the following sections: