Why study communications?
- Required for greater success in other courses in the program.
- Absolutely necessary to your survival in the social and work world.
- Every job involves communicating with a variety of people.
Here are some examples of internship and entry level roles in our fashion industry that list communication skills as a qualification in their job postings (source: indeed.ca):
Merchandise Assistant- Saks Off 5th
- Effectively communicates with external sources
Intern; Marketing- Puma
- Good communication and people skills
Assistant Buyer- YM Inc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Intern; Social Media- Canada Goose
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
In this first part, we will cover:
- Communication Skills Desired By Employers
- A Diverse Skillset Featuring Communications Is Key To Survival
- Communication Represents You and Your Employer